The Best Dairy-free Chocolate Chip Cookies in the Universe!Author: DairyFreeKids
If you have a dairy allergy, there is one thing that you desperately need - a milk-free chocolate chip cookie recipie! The following cookie recipie makes not only the most delicious-tasting chocolate chip cookies in the universe, but there are no eggs, so you know what that means - edible COOKIE DOUGH! Yes, you can take this recipie and combine it with your favorite brand of vanilla soy ice-cream and - BLAMMO - you have probably the most delicious cookie dough ice cream in the universe!
For this excercise, we will try to save some of that cookie dough to make actual chocolate chip cookies. I know this can be difficult, but if you wear oven mitts on your hands, you will not be as tempted to eat all of the cookie dough instead of putting it where it belongs - on the cookie sheet.
These cookies and cookie-dough ice-cream treats are also very tempting to those without a dairy allergy, so be warned. As always, eating the entire batch of delicious chocolate chip cookies can be bad for your tummy, so try to save some for the kids!
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips [such as TropicalSource]
- 1 stick soy margerine [such as Earth Balance]
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine margarine with sugar. Add flour, vanilla and baking soda.
- Combine baking powder, vinegar and water in a separate bowl.
When this mixture foams up, add it to your mixing bowl.
- Mix well by hand and add chocolate chips.
- Drop teaspoons of batter onto cookie sheet and bake for 10-14 minutes, until golden brown.